I woke up this morning feeling awful, and my instinct is to complain about it to everyone. But I’m going to fight that urge. Here’s a list of everything I’m thankful for this morning:
- I have reached 18 weeks already. I’m in that perfect stage when the morning sickness is practically non-existent, the other yucky pregnancy aches and pains are still several months away, and I have just enough of a belly to show off my pregnancy to everyone who sees me. Oh, and that baby moves all the time, which I just love to feel.
- I have a wonderful husband who will get up somewhat early on a Saturday morning to feed the boy so that I can sleep just a bit later. And he doesn’t even mind when I wake him up by shoving him in the shoulder repeatedly.
- My kid really is cute, with all the toddling and interaction with us. His tantrums are starting to be more short-lived, too. Sometimes he will even play happily by himself for twenty minutes or so to give me time to blog in peace.
- It’s spring. It’s always a bit easier to be optimistic when the sun is shining and the weather is gloriously warm, isn’t it?
- We are very financially stable right now, to the point that we can spoil this new baby more than we could with PJ and do it all without hesitation. I never thought I’d get to the point that I could go shop for a high-cost item like a crib and get whatever I want–and do it on the spur of the moment.
- My birthday is a week and a half away, Mother’s Day happens shortly after (I think), and our anniversary is days after that. May should be a profitable month for me! 😛
I’m sure if I kept thinking, I could list many, many more. Huh. I feel a little better after seeing just a few of the many things we have going right for us right now. One bad night’s sleep can’t take that away. I’m glad I did this instead of complaining (and I bet you are too).