- When I weighed myself yesterday, I was only five pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I was also able to wear my first non-maternity shirt since like March. So far I seem to be bouncing back even faster than last time.
- Wanna hear something totally unfair? Remember how BabyN made me crave chocolate like crazy? It turns out that if I eat any now, it keeps him awake. If I want him to sleep at night, I can’t eat any chocolate past like noon. And as much as I love chocolate, I can’t quite eat it for breakfast. Sometimes life just isn’t fair.
- I survived the trip to the doctor yesterday with both boys–on my own. I was definitely drained when I got home, though. There were a few moments where I wasn’t sure how to handle both of them, but the doctor and nurses were very helpful, even random people helping open doors for me. The worst part was when I started to leak milk all over my bright pink shirt. It was obvious, and I was totally embarrassed about it. But what could I do but smile and pretend I didn’t notice? Thankfully nobody mentioned it.
- Both boys are doing well. PJ is slowly but surely catching up to the lower ends of the growth chart. He was sweet and charming while we were there, even trying to get the doctor to play with him. He was thoroughly impressed with that. BabyN has gained a full pound since we were in last week, so obviously his growth isn’t a worry either. I need to print out a growth chart for him to see where he falls on the chart, since I suspect he actually falls on it unlike his brother.
- I desperately need to start on thank-you notes and order birth announcements. I know you don’t care, but this is a reminder to myself as much as anything. The problem is that BabyN doesn’t sleep well (or even stay awake without crying) unless he’s swaddled in bed at night or being held. That leaves precious little time for doing anything I want or need to do.
- The tailbone is slowly healing. I’m able to live without pain medicine most of the time, and Tylenol helps enough the rest of the time. It’s nice to be off the heavy meds now.
- Oh, BabyN’s umbilical cord stump fell off yesterday. We missed this milestone altogether with PJ since it happened during one of the 23 hours during the day that we weren’t by his side in the NICU. We just got there one night and it was gone. Although it’s a little gross, I’m glad I was able to be around for the whole umbilical cord thing this time.
- M is getting increasingly discontented with his job again. He’s putting out feelers at companies in the city where my parents live. Please be thinking about us as we research the possibility of a move. I would love to go, but I don’t want to get my hopes up since he does this every few months. He just seems a little more serious about it this time.