*Toddler translation: PJ’s newest favorite word to express frustration, especially with punishment
I’m frustrated because this NaBloPoMo thing is going to be the death of me. Blogging alone is going to be difficult at times, like this weekend when I’m away from home, but then when you factor in all of you on my blogroll who are officially or unofficially blogging every day as well, it’s taking forever to stay caught up. I wanted to write all sorts of things, but I’ve taken so long reading everyone’s blogs that I’m too tired now to say everything I wanted to.
So here are the things I wanted to say, without any of the deep feelings that I’d planned to write about with them. Maybe I’ll write full posts about those feelings later if I run short of things to say (as if that’s ever a problem!).
1. BabyN’s one-month appointment was yesterday. He’s fine except for a diaper rash issue that’s going to take a prescription to get rid of. Not uncommon, though. He’s a real chunker at 10 lbs, 12 oz now. That’s up over 2 1/2 pounds. He’s also 22 inches long, up 3 from birth. He falls in the 70th percentile pretty much across the board. Yes, you read right–he’s on the charts!
2. M’s parents happen to be in town this weekend, too, which is fortunate for them. Not so fortunate for us. They’re driving us crazy with their demands to see their grandkids. Of course they were going to get to see them, but the more they demand that time, the less we want to give it to them.
3. My mom got home from the hospital today. She’s doing okay but was having a rough day. I can’t believe she’s walking already, just three days after getting a new hip. The deep feelings about this one have to do with how weird it is to feel protective and motherly–the same way I do for my own kids–to my mother. I may do a whole post on this one in the next few days.
4. As usual, my allergies started acting up within minutes of getting here. My asthma (which only happens here) is bad, and my inhaler is doing nothing. I’d love to try caffeine to get at least some relief, but BabyN reacts badly to it, so I’m stuck fighting for breath. There’s not much else I can do.
5. I promised pictures from Halloween, so here they are. (Remember, you must be one of my contacts to see the pictures. If you want to be added, e-mail me your flickr account name.)