No, I Don’t Want Cheese with my Whine

I’ve been super lazy.  I haven’t had much to write about, so I’ve just been avoiding spewing out some pointless drivel.

Well, that isn’t entirely true.  While I would have been spewing out some pointless drivel, it would have been to avoid what I really wanted to talk about; it would have been to avoid coming across like I’m complaining.

So the short version is that I’m going through another spell of the achy joints.  I spent the weekend alternating between trying other possible remedies that M found online for me and hopelessness.  It’s been worse this time than I remember in the past.

M goes out of town later this week and is already talking about taking Friday off after getting back so late on Thursday night.  If he does, I may coax him to watch the kids so I can go see the doctor about this, if I’m still in pain then.  It lasted well over two weeks last time, so I think that’s likely.  Maybe by the weekend I’ll have a better idea what’s going on.

And that’s all I’m going to say about it until I know something.  I know I can be a baby when I don’t feel good, so I’m making a real effort not to this time around.  I’m biting my tongue when I want to complain to M, and I’m not going to go on and on about it here either.  Nobody likes a whiner.

Oh, speaking of whiners, PJ has either a bad allergy attack or a cold.  The poor kid feels pretty bad.  I hate that there’s so little I can do to help him feel better.  He definitely got his pain tolerance from me, though.  He just cries for ages over the tiniest little thing.  It frustrates me, partly because I don’t feel strong enough to handle it right now, but I totally understand where he’s coming from.  I just wish I could take it all away and make him feel normal again.

So I wonder if I should risk taking him to school tomorrow.  It’s mostly just a runny nose, no fever or anything.  He probably picked it up from school in the first place if it’s not just allergies.  He’s still been wanting to play and asked repeatedly today if he could “go see teacher” today.  I think he would do just fine at school, but I don’t want to risk exposing the other kids if it’s contagious.  I always had problems deciding whether I was sick enough to stay home; it’s much more difficult deciding whether PJ is sick enough, when I don’t even know just how he feels.  I guess I’ll have to see how he’s doing in the morning and make my final decision then.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: