I’m still here–sort of.  Still lacking any motivation to write here.  I’ll have something happen or an interesting thought flit across my mind, and by habit I start writing the post in my head.  But I never make it to the computer to record it.  I’ve been making an effort (at least in the past week once we got back home from our Christmas journey) to keep following your blogs.  I’ve noticed that I’m not the only one who’s been slacking off, so I feel a little better about it than I would be if all of you were still posting almost every day.

Christmas was mostly uneventful.  We went to my parents’ house for a few days, but we spent our nights at a hotel.  That turned out to be a good move; every one of my siblings and their dog was there.  It was so busy there that we were all getting overwhelmed.  It was good to have a place to go to get away from it all every evening.

We spend the few days after Christmas with M’s family.  His grandparents were there every second we were, so we didn’t get any alone time with his parents.  That was annoying, but nobody can tell M’s grandma to go home when they’ve overstayed their welcome.  The exciting moments there were when we met M’s other grandfather for the first time and M’s brother’s common-law wife for the first time.  It’s safe to say that there is some nasty family history there that has kept us from spending time with certain family members, so it’s a good thing that everyone is willing to give second chances and spend time with this family again.  It wasn’t a long visit either time, but it’s a start.

I’m awfully glad things are getting back to normal today, though.  PJ had more than enough time to get used to having more free time and get back to a more normal sleep schedule, but the last few days (or week) have been torture.  He’s been hyper, literally bouncing off the walls one day, and I’m looking forward to having him spend his afternoon at school today, back to a regular routine that he loves.  Maybe he’ll run out some of this energy there.

Scooter has been more difficult since we got home.  He decided that very night that he wasn’t doing baby food anymore, probably after watching his cousins eat big people food on our trip.  It lasted about three days before he turned his nose up at anything we offered him.  So we’re back to baby food, the only thing we could get him to eat.  We’re just feeding him less baby food and offering him a wider range of normal food to fill his tummy the rest of the way.

And all of this happened just as he started teething the rest of his molars and eyeteeth.  All at once.  He’s run a fever for at least a few hours a day for about a week now, and we’ve been going through the Tylenol and ibuprofen like crazy.  He’s been waking up at least once a night from the pain, and he will only go back to sleep after I’ve nursed him.  So it’s clear that we’re not weaning anytime soon.  Oh, well.

M got me a Wii Fit for Christmas (yes, after discussing it with me).  I’ve been using it for five or six days now, every single day.  It’s more fun than I thought it would be.  I’m very proud of myself for keeping up with exercising this long.  Unfortunately, the Wii Fit says I have about twenty pounds to lose to get to my ideal weight.  Yuck.  After almost a week, I’ve lost about half a pound.  After gaining two at first.  This is going to be slow going.  I guess maybe I should finally get around to improving my diet, even a little, to make the results go any faster.

Wanna hear something interesting?  After not writing for two weeks-ish, my traffic really hasn’t changed much.  It will be an interesting experiment to see if it increases any over the next few days now that I have a new post up.  I guess I really do get that many random google hits for older posts.

Anyway, I hope all of you had good holidays.  With any luck I’ll be back again before Valentine’s Day.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: