Where to even start?
1. My mom and I discussed my MIL the other day. I was surprised that she has had a lot of the exact same thoughts about her that I have, even the worry that she might try to get custody of PJ. I wasn’t that scared until I found out that other people thought that too. Now my entire life is about proving I am an adequate mother, morning sickness or not. Isn’t that an awful way to live? I’ve toned down my other blog tons, only blogging on my best days, when I will only say positive things. I need to do whatever I can to keep from giving her ammunition against me. It makes me awfully glad to have this site where I can say what I actually feel, not some super-edited version of the truth.
2. As my comments have greatly increased over the last few days (thanks, guys!), I have been reminded of my own comment-slacking. I’m obviously shy enough that you probably wouldn’t expect me to go around leaving comments everywhere all the time, but I’ve gotten really bad about it, rarely leaving any comments anywhere. I think part of it is just that I don’t feel up to writing something most of the time I’m checking blogs. I’m going to make an effort to comment a bit more often now, but please don’t be offended when I don’t. I’m still reading and enjoying, I promise!
3. Grey’s Anatomy is on tonight! Ican’twait. Ican’twait. Ican’twait.
4. I totally intended to make today’s post all about American Idol from the last two nights, but life got in the way last night and I was only able to half-watch the show. I saw enough to give a relatively educated opinion as to who would get voted off tonight, though. For the guys, I’m guessing Sundance and Blake, although I have about three more in mind who are just about as likely to go. It was a tough call because they sucked as a whole. The girls surprised me with how many of them were good performers. Amy and Antonella are going, though, at least based on talent. Antonella had no business making it this far in the first place, but as the judges pointed out, she is hot. She might get more votes than she deserves because of that. I also formed a much better opinion of who will probably win. LaKisha is this year’s Ruben. Barring anything bizarre happening, she’s a shoo-in to win. Maybe next week I’ll have a better idea who I think will come in second. I’m down to about three or four possibilities. I might also give a more detailed explanation of why I think so. I do have sound reasoning behind my guesses (I’m way too left-brained not to) and wish I felt like going into all of it today.
5. As more and more of you are jumping on the youyou bandwagon (and please jump–I love reading them!), I’m finding that the most flattering ones tend to be the ones that say how much they love reading your blog, especially if it’s because it’s funny. And I realized that I have no chance for those. I’ve always thought of myself as a funny person, but it never comes out in my writing. I’ve tried a few times to write something amusing, and once or twice it actually worked, but in general my posts are much too serious. I think from now on I’m going to make a concerted effort to inject more humor into my posts. Of course, if I do, you may find my writing deteriorates even more. It may just reek of trying too hard. We’ll see. I just hate that because of the way I write, you tend to get a very one-sided view of my personality. I’m funny in real life! I promise! I don’t always just whine and complain (not usually).
6. And how’s this for a segue? You may have noticed I’ve been trying awfully hard not to just whine and complain lately. I don’t want this blog to be a chronicle of my morning sickness. I can’t just abandon the topic altogether because it’s kind of the focus of my life right now, but I am more than a puke machine and you deserve to read about what else is going on in my life. Even if it’s just TV. Is my one-post-a-week about the baby a little more tolerable? If anything monumental happens, of course I’ll break that rule. But otherwise, you can count on my not-so-subtle references to it in almost every other post during the week to get your fill of hearing about it. Is that fair?
7. I’ve had a good Confession Thursday post writing itself in my mind for a while now, but I felt compelled to get all these other random topics on “paper” first. That means I’ll probably cheat and do a Confession Friday tomorrow, as long as Grey’s tonight doesn’t require a post of its own tomorrow. Stay tuned. That ought to be good fun to see how I try to put humor into a Confession Thursday/Friday post.